Pages

Friday 15 March 2013

Metal Gear Rising Revengence


Metal Gear Rising- Revengence is an action video game developed by Platinum Games and produced by Kojima Productions

Wow Metal Gear Rising- Revengeance was one of my most anticiated games of this year, but now it's finally here all I can say is how disappointed I am. I was a massive fan of the MGS series I thought it was amazing playing MGS on the PS1 nothing out there was better then it but some how I believe it has lost its way because it looks like an MGS game and with the new fox engine it looks amazing but its just not MGS.The gameplay just didn't do it for me as I found myself dying lots of times and that for me is frustrating, hard and just not enjoyable to play. I've played (Platinum games) before i.e Bayonetta,Vanquish and ive really enjoyed them but this one its just not for me.


The gameplay focuses on fighting enemies using a sword and multiple sub weapons to perform combos and counterattacks. The game introduces the Blade Mode feature which allows the player to dismember cyborgs in slow motion and steal parts stored in their bodies. The series' stealth elements are also optional to reduce combat. The game was originally announced in 2009 under the title of Metal Gear Solid: Rising, and was intended to act as an interquel between the events of Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. This form of the game was to be produced solely by Kojima Productions. However, the team met with difficulties in developing a game based on swordplay, so the franchise director Hideo Kojima cancelled it and it should have stopped that way, gameplay for me was just to hard,bosses was unbeatable I would give them loads of hits and nothing would happen but one combo from them and I was dead. Even on the easy setting it was hard in the end I just give up.
I was really excited about this game and got even more so when the reviews from the big guns come out with Ign giving it 8.5, Gamespot 8.5 I thought we might be on too a winner and It wasn't for me, but if you love the devil may cry's and ninja gaiden games then I would give a try and see what you think but for me it's a epic fail and a massive disappointment . 










Verdict 3/10



No comments:

Post a Comment